Junior Menswear Designer - Coventry - Supplier - Salary up to £25k
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Junior Menswear Designer to join a well-established supply company specialising in Tailoring, formalwear.
About the company...
This major supplier of Menswear tailoring for the UK High Street are looking to recruit a talented Junior designer join their design Division.
A specialist menswear supplier, working on both own label and branded product; this company have earned the respect of their customers by delivering a strengthening product range year after year. This company can develop and encourage a designer's creativity and offer the chance to progress and build your confidence.
About the Menswear Designer role...
The designer must have a natural flair for identifying commercial trends, with the ability to interpret them into best-selling concepts. The designer will be required to work to briefs, liaise with overseas suppliers and, along with the buyers create commercial on-trend ranges.
Excellent CAD skills and previous experience of designing men's tailoring essential.
* General Administration duties, liaising with factories in India, chasing samples and making sure all internal records are up to date.
* Working with different clients and meeting their design requirements. Attending weekly in-house product development meetings.
* Completing initial trend research; compiling mood boards.
* Preparing swatch fabrics, sourcing new and innovative fabrics and managing a style library.
* Having excellent trend and fabric knowledge, as well as strong commercial skills.
* Presenting designs and ideas to the sales team.
* Identify and develop new areas for products, sourcing factories.
* Be organized and able to multitask.
* Interest in Menswear - Outerwear/Tailoring/ Formal wear .
* Previous exposure to designing for multiple clients is benificial.
* Excellent presentation and communication skills.
* Fully fluent in Illustrator/ Photoshop
* Ability to work to tight deadlines, delivering complete and accuracy information to factories and customer.
* Team player and reliable
This role is of high priority as our client is looking to fill the role with asap.
If this Menswear Design role interests you, please click the 'Apply' button and submit your cv